BUSINESSES AND TRADERS
The UK City of Culture bid will make Perth and the city region an even better place to live, work and visit. The business community is vital to a strong bid so please get involved!
- What you would like your business to gain from the bid?
- How could you work with us to help achieve UK City of Culture status?
Please take two minutes to give us your ideas and opinions via our BUSINESS SURVEY.
What’s in it for my business?
Winning the title and hosting a year of cultural events helps cities in many ways. Evidence from 2013 and the projections for 2017 shows it will:
- Attract more visitors
- Increase media interest in the city
- Bring community members together
- Increase levels of professional artistic collaboration
DID YOU KNOW?
Over 1 million people visited Derry-Londonderry during the City of Culture year 2013. 41% of attendees surveyed at key events were from outside the city.
It is estimated that being the UK City of Culture 2017 will deliver a £60 million boost to Hull’s local economy in 2017.